Translate

September 11, 2020

More wings to fly high as "Angels" are here

 


“The joy in Motherhood comes in moments

There will be hard times and frustrating times

But amid the challenges,

there are Shinning Moments of Joy and Satisfaction"

- Elder M. Russel Ballard

 

Indeed my Motherhood journey was a roller coaster ride, full of challenges on one hand and so special and satisfactory on the other. Motherhood is a major change in a woman’s life and learning experience with huge responsibilities. Like every mom out there, I too had spent lot of time on planning, dreaming, reading articles on parenting and fantasizing about what life would be like with the little one around but believe me no planning works on ground reality.  At one point, my life became all about sleepless nights, changing diapers, preparing baby food, singing lullabies , worrying about baby’s health etc and I would easily lose patience and get cranky a lot of times but finally the touch of those little hands and feet and the smile on my baby’s face made me forget every pain I went through. It’s definitely the best gift I could ever ask for. I always believe God has created women with some special magic that we can handle any difficult situation we are put in and yet enjoy every moment of it.

After nearly 4 years of our marriage, we finally planned to take a step ahead and were ready to welcome a new life. The moment it was confirmed that we are going to be parents soon, we were so thrilled and excited. We started preparing to welcome our baby. I had heard that to have a normal delivery one has to take a lot of pain so I had already decided to go for C-section. But as I mentioned nothing goes as per plan and there I was, I got the labour pain on 36th week of my pregnancy. It was so early to have a labour pain that we thought it might be a false alarm and ignored it. But when the pain became unbearable and I started panicking, we called the doctor and immediately rushed to the hospital. As I already had taken lot of pain and was worried about the baby, so without a second thought I requested to doctor to operate. I was very nervous when I entered the OT and there were so many thoughts running in my mind but the next time I came into my senses I heard my baby's first cry and that’s it , that was the moment I was waiting for and all my pain just vanished when I looked at her . I thanked God to give me such a beautiful girl in my life.  So we call her as Mishika (Gods Gift).

Mishika would always see other kids playing with their siblings and ask me “Mommy, when will I have a baby sister(she always mentioned sister :p )” and I had no answer. Sometimes she would just embarrass me in front of my friends by saying I am going to have a baby sister soon 😊 and my friends used to think that’s true (LOL). But as we say children are closest to God and what they wish for will surely be heard.

One day I just realised I missed my monthly cycle and my pregnancy test showed a red bar. We were nervous and unsure as we didn’t plan it. After many Yes’s and No’s, finally decided to continue this journey one more time.

My 2nd pregnancy was full of difficulties & challenges due to Covid-19 crisis. This was really the toughest time I can ever go through.  Being a Merchant Navy Officer’s wife, it was never an easy journey for me. My husband was on sailing and due to the lock down couldn’t come back home and on top of that I couldn’t visit docs for checkup, no help for household chores, no ordering food, I was stressed out completely. After managing my whole pregnancy period alone finally my husband returned home. It was such a relief to see him after so long. My delivery due date was no where near and yet again like the 1st time, on the 36th week my amniotic fluid dropped so much that doctor decided to do the surgery immediately as it could affect the baby's development in the womb. I was scared and nervous again but all is well if end’s well. Finally welcomed another angel in our lives on 22nd july 2020 . It became more special as this date is unique and has a meaning i.e 22/7 “pie day” .So named our little cutie  “Aadvika” means Unique and we call her as "Pie" 😊

So, I have these 2 beautiful angels in my life now and I can’t thank God enough for making me experience this magical feeling. They have taught me to be more patient, more loving and much more appreciative of every moment we have together as a family.  

Leaving all the pain and challenges behind, I am a proud mother of two girls and will always cherish this Motherhood journey. 

  Cheers to all the beautiful Moms.✌


Sunita Mohanty (Mom of two Beautiful Angels)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks You