Translate

August 5, 2020

Motherhood: A truth or Dare Game – My Personal journey towards being a first time M.O.M

We often dream of having a life as what we have always dreamt of. And trust me you get exactly what you want. Your aspirations are bigger than your desires. And there is no age of making your dreams come true. Dreams are ageless, limitless, and profound. There are few words that we generally come across – “Change”, “Self-realization”,” motivation”,” free-spirited”,” profound” in a journey called Motherhood.

 

The word “change” should always be considered as a positive word. Changes are inevitable but when they mark your life, they make you touch the sky, make you feel elevated, filled with self-realization. Self-realization is very important to understand one-self. And a woman can realize her true spirits only when she is carrying another human inside her womb. This self-realization brings changes and thus also keeps us motivated throughout the entire journey of 9 months. And these 9 months will help a woman become free-spirited. The spirit within oneself to be safe, secure and promising and answerable to a life within herself will make a person Profound. Thus, each word mentioned above are inter-linked.

I am here to share a dream that has always brought “changes” in a women’s life - mentally, physically and emotionally. I Clearly remember - it was the early morning of 23rd Dec 2017 and we were planning for a baby since last 3 months. I Woke up, and I am not sure as what came to my mind that very moment – I just took out a pregnancy test and I went to pee. Surprisingly, it was positive and delightful too. I was elated though but a wave was running into my mind – will I be able to handle it? Will I ever become a good mother? Will I be able to carry this life within me with my whole heart? Will I be self-less enough to compromise my sleep? But trust me, I was extremely happy too undoubtedly.

I took another test just to re-confirm my pregnancy – it was 25th Dec 2017 – The results were positive again and then I informed my family about it. Days went by and so did my curiosity to feel the baby’s movement inside my womb, curiosity to see myself with a mummy tummy, curiosity to hold a baby in my arms. The change I started seeing within myself was hormonal – I was experiencing mood swings, feeling nausea, feeling lethargic, feeling bloated, feeling emotional. These feelings continued until the last moment till I delivered the baby. I never for a single day worried about my weight as my main concern was my baby’s health and its well-being. I believe the change not just was hormonal, but it also impacted my mental health. Trust me, I have become a super -woman after giving birth – I do not get tired that easily. My capability to endurance has increased incredibly and this has led me to self – realization.

 

I started realizing my individuality only after giving birth to another life. This self-realization has helped me tremendously in taking so many decisions individually, thus making me a stronger person each passing day. I Myself can notice my worth and can stand up to it to make things work on my own. Earlier the things were quite different for me, there was a sense of dependency and fear in all my decisions. And my decisions were always a well thought out plan with someone’s agreement to it. But now I can take my very own decisions without anyone’s interference. Reason being, now I rarely ask someone else’s agreement to it. Thanks to the power of self- realization.

When a woman realizes her worth, her capabilities and starts trusting herself – obviously after becoming a mother which is quite prominent – this keeps a soul motivated towards achieving one’s dreams and pushes her into the reality. Reality of how motivated one can be. A Child keeps a mother motivated enough to answer all their tears, all their tantrums, all their dramas. Well to be precise enough just looking at your child’s face is motivational enough to keep you rooted no matter what turbulence you yourself are going through. Motivation is to see your child smiling, happy and blessed. And This is exactly I have experienced in my journey.

 

When a soul becomes motivated enough to keep her child happy no matter what happens – the woman becomes a free-spirited soul with no stopping. Motherhood is challenging enough yet enduring to make a weak soul to a soul who cannot be stopped or controlled. In my understanding I believe a woman changes completely as soon she delivers another human being. Isn’t it such a promising bond that makes a woman flying with such high free spirits.

Free-spirits makes you feel like a Butterfly – A BEAUTIFUL MULTI-COLORED BUTTERFLY- who is profound enough to be engaged in her dreams, dreaming about making her child’s life lit up with millions and millions of diya(s) each passing day. A Woman’s heart knows exactly when she becomes profound and her life becomes worthy to be lived.

The above lines are my personal experiences and I Am living each passing day- a life given as a gift to me by my dearest Son – I call him Neil. I Hope all mothers find it inspiring.

 A Very short POEM for my Beloved Son - Siddhartha (AKA Neil)


The feel-good Neurotransmitter of my Soul,

Such Divine even God cannot have the Plight,

Such Delighting to be conceived within me,

Such overwhelming to be pushed outside of me,

The Peace inducer, The Majestic eyes, The super-natural philanthropist, the wonder soul,

The li'l man with a joyous personality,

The li'l man with a graceful smile,

The li'l man with a pure heart,

The li'l man with two visionary eyes,

The li'l man with his paint brush - Oh painting my bedroom walls,

The li'l man peeing & pooing around - Oh anywhere he likes,

The li'l man with a charismatic face - Oh I love you dear,

The li'l man making me realize what True Love IS,

The li'l man I have from one of the stars,

A twinkling Sparkling Soul - My li'l man I call him Neil,

Thank you for making my existence worthy - I love you dearly and madly my - NEIL-M -STRONG!

Richa Anand (New Mom)

Richa's Facebook

3 comments:

Thanks You